8/1/11

Tidy (Myself) Up For Husband



As children of God, we should constantly be seeking to please the Heavenly Father. One of the ways to serve God is by being a blessing to our husbands. God made woman for man (Genesis 2:18, 1 Corinthians 11:8-9). As his helper, pleasing my husband is pleasing God. The Lord is the great designer. I don't fully understand it but He made man very visual. The way I look affects my husband. It's important not to ignore this characteristic of our men. Let's be more committed to presenting ourselves to our husbands in a more attractive way.

Lately, I've been convicted about putting on makeup before I go out to run errands and such, when normally at home I don't wear any. Why am I trying to look especially good for other people when a lot of the time I don't do anything for the one person I should look good for? I'm not tying to saying that we should be going out looking like a slob at all. If we are committed to pleasing our Lord, He will show our hearts how we should present ourselves to others appropriately. I do believe the Lord is telling my heart to be more intentional about being pretty for my husband and not so overly concerned about what other people think of me. Trying to look good just for my wonderful husband is an act of love and respect for him!

If you're like me you may think there is no time for all this beauty stuff each day. Thankfully, I found that it doesn't have to take a lot of effort or time to be more attractive for my husband. Sometimes a bit of makeup, a spritz of perfume, throwing on a cute outfit and brushing my hair can make an amazingly big difference. Paying a little attention to my appearance for my hubby is fun for me, too! Another benefit is that it helps me remember how special our husband/wife relationship is.

I know my appearance is important to Steven (my husband) because he is always commenting on little things he likes about the way I look. One thing I know is that he likes my hair especially puffy and long. I find it funny how he likes when I wear something new and different. I don't get a lot of new clothes because of our frugal lifestyle but when I do it's like a double bonus because Steven likes it! It's really sweet because he makes me feel like he's attracted to me and special to him. I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with such a wonderful man!

I have to say, the true beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit is crucially important (and imperishable) to our husbands and to God (1 Peter 3:3-4). That will have to be covered in another post!

This post is linked up with The Modest Mom. Caroline encourages us to be more beautiful for our hubbies through her series Frumpy To Fabulous
     
Genesis 2:18
Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.”  (NASB)

1 Corinthians 11:8-9
For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; for indeed man was not created for the woman’s sake, but woman for the man’s sake. (NASB)

1 Peter 3:3-4
Your adornment must not be merely external—braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment