7/27/11

Who am I Trying to Please?


The Heavenly Father should be the one who I am truly and constantly concerned with pleasing.

My flesh pulls me in another direction. It wants to get acceptance from people which is sinful and down right silly.

For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ. Galatians 1: 10

I'm so thankful that the Lord is showing me that I need to repent for this sin and surrender all people pleasing to Him. By God's grace we can rely on Him to put people pleasing to death every time it creeps into our hearts. It is such a blessing to seek to do God's will and try to only please Him.

Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Colossians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment