8/16/11

She Sings

I love to sing! It may be a song of praise, thanksgiving or even a prayer. I love it because.....




It's as if a song of glory to the King is waiting and ready to pour out of me at any moment. As praise for His glorious majesty rolls out of my heart and dances into the spaces around me, He in-turn fills me up with His joy and peace as my soul rests in His grace. Songs of praise become awe-filled thankfulness to my God.

Singing makes just about any task better. Recently, I enjoyed painting the house, cleaning up my pet's messes, washing the shower, changing diapers, doing the dishes and cleaning bathrooms while singing my way happily along. Understandably, kiddos like cleaning up to a song also! 

A really fun way to recite our memory verses is to put them to a melody. Singing Bible verses makes it easier for my kids (and me) to learn them. While reading my Bible, it's funny to come across one of our "melody memory verses" because I find myself singing it in my head as I read. 

It's contagious. When my 3 year old daughter suddenly breaks into a sweet little praise song, I practically float away in delight. I even catch my husband sometimes singing a little ditty every now and then. 

God's lovely creation of melody is a gift. There are so many songs of praise in God's Word. Just like my God given purpose is to glorify the Lord, I believe that the purpose of song is to glorify Him.

Singing is prayer to God. It helps me spend more intimate time with my Lord throughout the day. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says to pray without ceasing!

I'm so happy God gives my heart songs, ready at any moment to be let loose. I really hope your day is filled and overflowing with the blessings of beautiful melodies of worship to the Lord! 

Psalm 34:1
I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth. (NASB) 

Psalm 95:1-2
O come, let us sing for joy to the LORD,
Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation.
Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving,
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. (NASB)

This post is linked with:

     

1 comment:

  1. I can almost hear the joyful songs of praise right now.... How beautiful! I think I will sing as I paint.

    ReplyDelete